The Bench at University Terrace Apartments




As I am battling the components of life, whether they are challenges, unbearable events, or the stress coming from school, I take a small share of my time and step outside my apartment walking toward the bench that overlooks the pond. As I am approaching the bench, I take a seat, and I overlook the horizon of the flat and calm water that flattens the flow of the pond. During that very moment, I make peace with myself and I make sure that nothing else is in going on in my mind while I am sitting on that bench in front of the pond. All I am focused on at that time is the motionless atmosphere and the silence that surrounds me. While I observe the atmosphere, I view the gorgeous unpigmented, clear, white clouds that are scattered within the light blue sky, and a flock of ducks, black swans, and geese slowly swimming on the pond water closely with each other as a unit.

Every time I take a seat on that bench, I always ask the Lord to clear my mind from every little thing that is evolved in my life. When my mind is cleared, I am easily relaxed and then suddenly, my stress fades away. I tell my self that whatever I may be going through in life or any situation that i'm involved in, nothing else matters within those 10 minutes of me sitting on the bench facing the water. I also say to myself that this is my time to block myself out of the chaos and events going on and to put a full emphasis to focus on where I am and nothing else. After spending my time doing absolutely nothing at all besides sitting on that bench in front of the water, I feel replenished, energized, calm, and ready to continue my day. Many people consider a time to take off to clear your mind from certain things is to go out drinking, watch tv, or party. Truth be told, your level of stress would not decrease by doing those things. The whole point of taking some time off is to have a clear mind so that you do not feel entitled to be in anything or anybody else's presence.

Taking a small amount of your time off to concentrate on only yourself and nothing else in particular that may drag you down and distress you is important to you. Not only does it relieve your stress, but it restores your mind and your energy to continue your day and to develop a whole other perspective. Within the 10 minutes of me sitting on that bench, I am currently in a therapy session for my mind. All you need is 5-10 minutes to put yourself at ease from all the events going on that may drag you down. However, when you stop and take the time to put your mind blank in the midst of a beautiful and quiet atmosphere, you will no longer be taken down by anything.

Comments

  1. Wow! This is a really beautiful blog post. I use lacrosse as my therapy time. I find it really helps me unwind and destress. I love the picture you took also.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Donald Trump and Social Media

My Personal Experience During Homecoming Weekend

My Ten Strategies for Having a Successful Study Session Before a Test