The History of Myspace

It all started when I was in 5th grade year back in 2008. At that time, Myspace was the most popular social media platform, and every single student in my 5th grade class had an account. Because of Myspace, the majority of the students in the school got to know each other better and arranged more events to participate in outside of school. Myspace also helped those students enhance their image by adding their interest, the style of their profile, and the song that covers the layout page. I would never forget how cool I thought it was by having that one song that characterizes the profile layout. I also thought it was a brilliant invention to use any picture or content of interest as a profile background. Back in the day, it was like I competed with my other friends to see who had a better looking profile layout. Before Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and even Facebook became popular social media platforms, Myspace was by far the most popular platform and became the true epitome of social media networking.

As of today, Myspace is completely none existent to any human soul. There is absolutely no interaction going on whatsoever. The use of Myspace utterly died out when the other social media platforms became popular and Myspace was taken off of people's interest. Technically, Myspace is still up and running and you can still have an account. However, you will not find much of social interaction nowadays compared to the other social media platforms. When I reminisce on the times I spent on Myspace, meeting new people and engaging with others, I realize how special those times were because all of our activities and events that were relied on just one source. Now that we have much more platforms to use, those special moments on only being on that one cool networking site is no longer present. I really hope that one day, Myspace will reach its prime again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Donald Trump and Social Media

My Personal Experience During Homecoming Weekend

My Ten Strategies for Having a Successful Study Session Before a Test