My Personal Experience During Homecoming Weekend

This past homecoming weekend was truly a blast and one of the few life memories to have. Having participating in the football program and playing in the game during homecoming a weekend was absolutely a blessing hearing the people in the stands root for ONU and showing major support. When I reminisce homecoming back in high school, I picture the amazing memories I have being nominated for homecoming king and standing in the middle of the football field during halftime with the other nominees. When it comes to college homecoming, the spirit is much more enchanting and people really showed love for the school. It was an honor seeing the alumni coming back. It was also a great opportunity meeting an NFL athlete and former Ohio Northern football player, Jason Trusnik. Jason really gave us some encouragement in the locker room during halftime and we came out and got a phenomenal win.

Apart from the football game itself being an incredible experience, I had also attended another homecoming event. It was the choir performance at Presser Hall. There was a crowd of people showing support for the people performing which was nice to see that they showed a round of applause for them! One event that caught my attention was the honoring of President Emeritus Kendall Baker and Former First Lady. The college board agreed to dedicate a part of the campus to those two people and name the area Baker Commons. I found this event to be extraordinarily amazing. That truly was an honor for them. I wasn't able to make it to that event due to the fact that I was already with the team preparing for the game, but from what I've seen in the video that was posted on twitter during the event, they were happy!

Comments

  1. It sounds like you have some great experiences with Homecomings from high school and college. These events are really important to have especially when we are out of school. Im glad to hear that homecoming was such a success here at ONU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The naming of Baker commons was really awesome. I even got to meet the Baker's and they are amazing people.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Donald Trump and Social Media

My Ten Strategies for Having a Successful Study Session Before a Test